Saturday Mornings March 21 & 28 11am-1pm $12
Farmlab/Metabolic Studio 1745 N. Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Shel Wagner Rasch FLIGHT SCHOOL (Contact Improv Style)
for people who like to move
 
Come play with flying.....Each class will begin with a warm up intended to free minds and muscles while exploring our connection to the ground. Then we'll move into the fundamentals of giving and supporting weight and the cues and timing that lead to take off, looking at safe and effective techniques for both supporting a rider and riding a supporter. And finally, using curiosity as our motivation, we will explore the physics of "force" and "momentum" as tools to keep the dance flowing into and up from the ground and into and down from the air.
 
Contact Improv is one of my favorite things to do and I thoroughly enjoy sharing my take on it with other people. I've been exploring, teaching, and performing contact improv in public and in private spaces, with friends and with strangers for over 25 years and it still intrigues me. Alot.
 
My teaching style is deeply informed by Anatomy, Physics, the Alexander Technique, Somatic Experiencing, and a life-long fascination with the stories our bodies have to tell. My goal in teaching CI is to create opportunities for movement education, self discovery, and conscious contact. To this end, I seek to foster a class atmosphere in which safety, embodiment, fun, and a sense of wonder are highlighted.
 
If you have any questions about the class you can reach me at: shel@shelwagnerrasch.com

No comments: